Did you learn enough about painting?
Well if you stil have questions on how to paint different Items, ths coming Sunday we will be doing some painting on the body of a car. We will be painting all the lower trim. We first used Plasti Dip to check if we would like the look. We will be sure to post plenty of pics.
If you would like to follow along with us here is what you will need for the weekend.
- Primer, you will want a low build sandable primer, unless you have a lot of chips in the paint then purchase a higher build.
- Paint, we will be spraying from an HVLP gun and using a pre-mix gloss black, as this will be a budget modification for the owner.
- Clear coat, we will be using Dupont’s Chroma-Clear
(all of these items you can buy in spray cans if you do not have the equipment to spray with a gun, and still good results as long as the prep is on point.)
- Mask, this is very important, you can get a good disposable 40 hour mask for about 20 bucks.
- Painters tape, I recommend frog tape or similar.
- newspaper or similar for masking large areas.
- Sand paper of various grits rainging from 400-2000
Well to get the rest come back on Sunday and see how to put all that to good use to transform the look of your ride on a budget.